The NAYBA Enterprise Hub enables local churches to help people in the community who are facing economic hardship to start a business as a lasting solution to poverty.
A food parcel can feed a family for a few days but a business can feed them for life!
Remember Amazon began in a garage, so imagine the businesses that could start in the garages, garden sheds and kitchen tables across your community.
So how does an NAYBA Enterprise Hub work?
Let us introduce you to the three aspects:
A one off event that introduces people to the possibility of starting a business and gives people th opportunities to share ideas and explore possibilities.
- Do what your church does best: host people and make them feel welcome.
- Invite people who would like to start their own business and would like some support.
- Engage established business leaders in your church who would love to use their business skills for the Kingdom.
- Host a 60-minute introduction to enterprise and how it can help them.
- We will provide you with all the ideas, materials and resources you need to run the Connect event.
- At the end of the event, there will be an opportunity for people to commit to the next step:
The Enterprise Course
A seven-session facilitated course, based on the seven chapters and business planning templates of Matt Bird’s book The Spirit of Enterprise.
1. Transformation not Transaction
2. Innovation not Invention
3. Felt Need not Fanciful Passion
4. Launch and Learn not Plan and Perfect
5. Soulmates not Solo
6. Size not Share
7. Leadership not Limitations
The sessions can be hosted weekly, fortnightly or at a frequency of your choosing. On completion, our entrepreneurs will have a clear path ahead and a concise business plan. You can then choose to offer co-working resources.
Local church enterprise co-working can comprise of many elements, those we suggest are an:
- Enterprise grant to secure essential start-up business equipment.
- Enterprise mentor to provide business advice and accountability
- Enterprise Space to enable emerging entrepreneurs to work in the same place where they can benefit from the encouragement and support of being with others.
So let’s start a conversation... we can provide you with all the resources and support you need to launch a NAYBA Enterprise Hub in your local church and create lasting change in your community.